Mole, Cyst, Skin Tag, Milia Removal
Mole, Cyst, Skin Tags and milia removal is usually straight forward and takes less than 60 minutes. We can also treat warts and verrucae.
If you have a skin lesion such as a mole, cyst, wart or skin tag and would like it removed, it is usually a very simple procedure. You may want to take this step now because you have noticed changes in shape or colour, or it may be unsightly, painful or restricting your movement.
You might have just become fed up with it, and decided it’s time to deal with it. Most lesions are removed using a scalpel under local anaesthetic, which means you will be awake, but the area will be completely numb. Other techniques include applying chemical treatments or freezing the skin. Sometimes a laser is used to destroy the lesion while skin tags may be simply snipped off with surgical scissors.
- Skin tags are very common but harmless small, soft skin growths.
- Skin tags tend to occur on the eyelids, neck, armpits, groin folds, and under breasts.
- One person may have anywhere from one to over 100 skin tags.
- Almost everyone will develop a skin tag at some point in their life.
- Middle-aged, obese adults are most prone to skin tags.
- Obesity is associated with skin tags.
- Removing a skin tag does not cause more to grow.
- Some people are just more prone to forming skin tags.
- Treatments include freezing, tying off with a thread or suture, or cutting off the skin tag
Cysts are noncancerous, closed pockets of tissue that can be filled with fluid, pus, or other material.
Cysts are common on the skin and can appear anywhere. They feel like large peas under the surface of the skin. Cysts can develop as a result of infection, clogging of sebaceous glands (oil glands), or around foreign bodies, such as earrings.